Clear Audio - Performance DC turntable w/ Clarify carbon tonearm & Maestro MM cart
HI-FI CHOICE - BEST BUY AWARD
THE EAR AUDIO - BEST BUY of the YEAR AWARD
SOUND & IMAGE - TURNTABLE OF THE YEAR AWARD OVER US$3000
"Clearaudio once again set new standards with the Performance, the latest version of this stunning turntable that combines a two-layer synthetic marble sandwiched plinth, wrapped in aluminium, large acrylic platter and magnetic bearing - complete with Satisfy tonearm and Maestro wood phono cartridge. In true Clearaudio fashion, the motor is separate from the base to minimise any hum or interference and is attached by a pulley the a thick 40 mm frosted acrylic platter".
The real magic of this new model though is in the bearing assembly. This features a magnetic bearing with two circular magnets, one in the base and the other under the bearing (a strong ceramic shaft keeps the magnetic field from affecting the cartridge). This design allows the platter to literally float in the air, cutting down any friction or drag that can occur with many traditional bearing designs, and allowing the platter to spin at a very accurate speed. The Performance also features a stunningly low noise floor that allows to you to simply enjoy what's on the disc - it doesn't introduce anything to the sound that shouldn't be there.
The new Performance DC turntable package includes the superb Clarify carbon tonearm and Virtuoso V2 MM cartridge. Available in black pearl or white pearl
The Performance essentially fills a gap in the market between good budget decks and high end models, offering super model performance at an affordable price. Performance is so good, the Performance may be the last turntable you will ever buy!"
- A built-in DC motor, which has already proved its performance and design advantages in several of our higher-end turntables such as the Innovation and Ovation. The result is not only a sleeker design, but also an improved smoothness and finer adjustment of speeds
- Three speeds, 33-1/3, 45 & 78 rpm, in contrast to the previous Performance SE’s two, with electronic speed change at the touch of a button.
- A precision-machined 40mm-thick black POM platter delivering excellent acoustic properties.
- Integrated patented Clearaudio Ceramic Magnetic Bearing (CMB). While most turntable bearings use a metal spindle spinning in a housing with a ball-bearing separating the two, Clearaudio’s bearing is aligned with a non-magnetic ceramic spindle and effectively floated on air by a magnetic field. This reduces friction, wear and noise by avoiding any point of load.
- A timeless, elegant design featuring clean lines and sleek black finish.
- The Performance DC is typically sold as a package, complete with Clearaudio’s Clarify carbon tonearm and Virtuoso V2 MM cartridge, offering a complete solution to the audiophile looking for excellent sound performance and elegant design, combined with ease of set-up and use. However if not purchased as a package, we recommend a tonearm with Clearaudio ceramic magnetic bearing (CMB) technology, such as the Magnify or Verify.
Speed Ranges: 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm and 78rpm.
Construction: Resonance-optimised turntable, highly compressed wood chassis in sandwich construction embedded between two aluminium plates.
Drive unit (motor): Decoupled and resonance damped DC motor, drive belt and plug-in power supply unit designed for worldwide use with all networks and power frequencies.
Bearing: Cut and polished ceramic shaft in a sintered bronze bushing, Clearaudio ceramic magnetic bearing (CMB)
Platter: CNC precision-machined black coloured POM
Platter height: 40 mm
Speed variation:+/ - 0.03 %
Rumble: DIN IEC 98 by method A / 92 dB
Signal to noise ratio: DIN IEC 98 after process A / 92 dB
Total weight: 11.5 kg (incl. engine)
Dimensions (W / D / H in mm): 420 x 330 x 130